Never heard of it? It is ground green tea. Yet to be discovered as it deserves, matcha is not only amazing for your health, but its also so delicious! Buddhist monks once consumed Matcha in preparation for enduring 12-hour straight meditation sessions
A cancer-fighter, a fat-burner, and much more, matcha leaves other green teas far behind.Let me sum up why this powdered green tea is such a miracle food:
- The health benefits of matcha tea exceed those of green tea because when you drink matcha you ingest the whole leaf, not just the brewed water. This really does set green tea and matcha apart.. who would have known! If you ingest the whole leaf you are taking advantage of so many goodies: chlorophyl, antioxidants including the powerful EGCg, vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium and many more!
- One glass of matcha is the equivalent of 10 glasses of green tea in terms of its nutritional value and antioxidant content. I can promise you, it gives you this incredible pep after drinking it and it isn’t even comparable to coffee!
-Matcha contains over 70 times the anti-oxidants of fresh orange juice, and over 9 times the beta carotene of spinach.
(Image sourced here)
So what does matcha do for you?
-Boosts metabolism and burns calories
-Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms and relaxes
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Fights against viruses and bacteria
- Is rich in fiber
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
- Does not raise insulin levels
The best news is that you can make wonderful recipes with matcha. Matcha lattés, matcha madeleines, matcha cupcakes, matcha marble cake.
I didn’t want to drain you with figures and facts, but inspire you to try this wonderful superfood!